Island House, Golant
In Golant, on the edge of the harbour and surrounded on three sides by water at high tide, a fabulous cottage on two levels, aptly named Island House.
The location is superb with water views from every window and from the first floor the river’s moorings can be seen beyond the Victorian railway embankment, along which an occasional freight train trundles with china clay bound for Fowey.
Step from front door into a bright spacious kitchen-dining room with lovely views and then into a large beamed living room with limestone-flagged floor and rugs, and a wood burning stove.
For those quiet moments, there is a charming little study with a desk.
From the living room head up the twisting stairs to two bedrooms both with TVs – a pretty king-size double, and a twin together with a family bathroom.
Back in the kitchen, there is a second flight of stairs up to a smart king-size double with TV, en suite shower-room and French windows to a balcony with the best views across the estuary.
There is an enclosed, mainly cobbled pretty garden around two sides of the house with a sun terrace, garden furniture and BBQ for alfresco dining at any time of day.
Dinghy mooring is available nearby (16′ open boat can be hired and delivered from Fowey).
An exceptional waterside property in a beautiful part of Cornwall.
Three bedrooms: 2 x king-size double, 1 with en suite shower-room and French windows to balcony, 1 x twin. Sitting room with wood burning stove. Study. Kitchen with dining area. Bathroom with bath, shower over basin and WC.
- Central heating, underfloor heating with wood burning stove
- Microwave, fridge-freezer, washer-dryer, dishwasher, TV with Blu-ray, DVD, WiFi, Phone, Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair available on request
- Off road parking for two cars
- Enclosed garden with barbecue
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome, Sorry no smoking
- Pub less than 1 mile from property
- Note: This property has a refundable Good Housekeeping bond of £100