Oakfield sits high on the side of a valley in the pretty hamlet of Rosecare, a stone’s throw from the far north coast of Cornwall. Rosecare itself is idyllically quiet, a peaceful retreat even during the height of the summer season.
Nearby (a 5-10 minute drive) you’ll find Crackington Haven, a small cove bookended by dramatic cliffs, with its cluster of cafes, pub and shop; a little further afield is the wide, sandy sweep of Widemouth Bay and the busy seaside town of Bude, with plenty of restaurants, shops and fun activities on offer.
The A39 is a mile or so away, giving you quick and easy access to all of Cornwall’s attractions.
- A three bedroom oak-framed contemporary house with stunning design features in every room and a striking sense of light and space.
- Set in an exceptionally peaceful rural location with incredible 180 degree views across hills and valleys and out to sea, perfectly positioned to enjoy watching the sun set over the ocean.
- Designed to take full advantage of every season – fling open the French doors in all the key rooms during warmer months, or storm watch in the winter while the impressive insulation keeps you very snug and comfortable.
- Ground floor living room with log burner, floor-to-ceiling windows incorporating French doors onto the west-facing terrace with glorious views down the valley to the coast. Television with Sky+ HD family package, DVD player, selection of books and DVDs.
- Very spacious kitchen/dining area with double-aspect floor-to-ceiling glass including French doors opening onto the south-facing terrace with panoramic views. Table and six chairs, seating area with large sofa, television and DVD player. Large Aga, separate induction hob, combination microwave oven, fridge-freezer and dishwasher.
- First floor galleried games room with Velux window with sea view.
- Laundry room with washing machine, tumble dryer, sink and drying rack.
- Iron, ironing board, high chair, travel cot, hairdryer and selection of books, DVDs, toys and games included.
- Underfloor heating and Wi-Fi throughout.
- Very generous ground floor master bedroom accessed via feature bookcase, with double-aspect full-length, full-width windows with fantastic views plus French doors onto the terrace. Super king-size bed and two large built-in wardrobes.
- Large ensuite bathroom with bath, separate shower enclosure, WC, bidet, basin and heated towel rail.
- Further ground floor double bedroom with double bed and large built-in wardrobe.
- Ensuite bathroom with bath with shower attachment, large separate shower enclosure, WC, basin and heated towel rail. This bathroom has a ‘Jack and Jill’ entry and can be accessed from both the double bedroom and the main hallway.
- Ground floor twin bedroom with two full size single beds and wardrobe.
- Cloak room with WC, basin and heated towel rail.
- Extensive ‘wrap around’ terrace with private hot tub
- Table and chairs and barbecue, with far-reaching views across countryside and out to the coast.
- Five acres of grounds, mostly laid to grass. Parents please note – children playing in the grounds must be supervised at all times as the grounds are not enclosed and there is a stream running through the land.
- Shed for beach kit/bikes etc.
- Plenty of off-road parking for at least three cars.
Need To Know:
- Two small well-behaved dogs welcome.
- Sorry no short breaks.
- No smoking within the property or anywhere on the premises.
- Cautionary deposit of £500 required when booking.
What Can I Walk To:
- Old Wainhouse Inn, Wainhouse Corner (approx. 1 mile).
- Crackington Haven beach, 30-40 minute walk.
Managed by Beach Retreats.