The Watch Below, Polruan
The Watch Below is a ground floor apartment, with views of Fowey and the Estuary from the living area, situated on a quiet harbour lane in the small village of Polruan in Cornwall.
A front door opens into a shared hallway with the door to the apartment immediately on the right.
The sitting room has a comfortable sofa and two chairs and boasts a woodburning stove, ideal for warming toes on chilly nights.
A small step up leads to a delightful well-equipped kitchen which includes a dining table, making it an ideal place for enjoying a home-cooked meal together.
Two comfortable and well-furnished bedrooms share the modern and stylish shower room.
Outside to the rear, there is a small slated area for washing muddy boots, with stone steps, leading up to street level.
Polruan is an unspoilt and popular fishing village built on a hill and with easy access to spectacular cliff walks.
From the quay, you can take the passenger ferry to Fowey, with excellent restaurants, cafes, shops and sailing clubs.
The ancient Polruan Blockhouse is a two minute walk away and the rocks below make an ideal place for a spot of fishing.
The area has two pubs, Russell and Lugger Inns are two minutes walk away, with the latter being famous for serving seafood.
There is also a tea shop, local store, bakery, a Post Office and a gift shop on the quay, as well as a safe, small beach which is ideal for children.
Fowey with its large, deep water harbour has for many years been a major attraction for sailing fans and it is well worth taking a trip on one of the pleasure boats that regularly depart from the Town Quay steps.
There are many enjoyable walks to be had in the town itself through the ever narrowing streets with medieval and Georgian buildings creating a wonderful atmosphere.
There is a superb choice of cafés, pubs, bistros and restaurants to enjoy the finest locally-sourced food which will obviously include freshly caught fish.
With the Eden Project just 16 miles away and many other attractions close by, this flat is an ideal base for a holiday all year round.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with woodburning stove.
- Electric wall heaters and woodburning stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc.in rent
- Parking available in main car park 100 yards from the cottage at approx £25 per week or small car park on the quay
- Small yard
- One well-behaved pet welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop,pub and beach 2 mins walk
- Note: No outdoor area except a small yard
- Note: The main car park is situated up a steep hill; small cars can drive along West Street to unload
- Note: Although ground floor there are three internal steps.